practicing 2017-10-03T08:04:51+00:00

Listed below are the Most Frequently Asked Questions we receive. Click on any question to see the full answer!

Who can insure with PIE? What if I practice outside of Utah?

Only dentists with Utah licenses practicing in Utah can insure with PIE. We do not insure hygienists separately but include them under the dentist’s policy. If a dentist wants hygienists covered to give local anesthetics, they must obtain the H-rider.

To apply for coverage we need a completed application, copy of the Utah Dental license and at least the first quarter’s premium payment. If a dentist moves from another state, we may request a claims history or claims loss run from the prior carrier.

We cannot offer prior acts coverage for any dentistry performed outside the borders of the state of Utah.